Sunday, May 27, 2012



Got this 1963 issue of Josie and the Pussycats yesterday at the Great Glebe Garage Sale for the low low price of a quarter. I've always enjoyed the Josie cartoons (normal and space versions) and am a fan of the movie, so it was a nice little garage sale find. Slight disappointment kicked in when giving the comic a closer inspection later on at home I realized that it was actually a Josie cover wrapped around a Reggie comic. Still worth a quarter I guess, but I have learned that tattered old comics have to be given closer inspection when being purchased from a kid at a garage sale. I always thought that of those CGC (Certified Guaranty Company) hard plastic encased over-priced mint condition comics. I have no idea why someone would buy a comic not to read it, and have always been curious if that 8.5 grade Detective Comics #27 actually just had an old Reggie comic in it.

No comments: