Saturday, June 09, 2012


Tonight I get to watch not one but a double-header of bouts involving my friends in the Montreal Roller Derby league. An extra bonus is that I'm not helping out a referee crew or distracted with a camera in hand shooting footage for a documentary. I made sure to visit on a night where none of my friends were playing against each other. I have derby family on multiple teams in the league here, and I am too delicate to handle the heart-stopping angst of watching loved ones battle it out against each other in an athletic manner. Watching derby when you have friends on a team is stressful enough, watching friends or a couple battle it out is a whole new level of chaos and conflict. I predict a double win for my friends, and no need for split loyalty from me.

No comments: