Monday, July 30, 2012


Did you know that there are stores where you can go to buy collected articles and pictures printed on shiny paper for your reading enjoyment? That's right, just like stuff you'd look at on the convenience of your computer, tablet or smart-phone screen, but on paper! I made a rare trip out to such an establishment today to exchange legal tender for product to get the latest Entertainment Weekly featuring the 11th Doctor himself, Matt Smith, on it's cover.

I used to read Entertainment Weekly on a fairly frequent basis, then the internet happened and magazines seemed fairly out of place. I've become such a Doctor Who geek that I wanted to obtain a copy of the magazine to add to the stack of other unread magazines sitting in my apartment going unread. The last two magazines I remember buying were a Rolling Stone with Chris Rock, Tina Fey and Dave Letterman on the cover...and another Entertainment Weekly with Nathan Fillion on the cover. Both I've had for ages, both are unread. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I've got Star Wars magazine dating back to 2005 at I've not looked at yet. Just seems much easier to read all my needed geek info online.

I think we're on the verge of a society where people question why we ever kept movies or books on shelves in our home...already seems like an out-dated habit that we are holding onto. That is until we stop chopping down all the trees and then they over-run the earth and we see the horrible error of our ways.

No comments: