Saturday, July 07, 2012


I can't make it today due to Blue Fest work eating up my time, but if I were free I'd be heading to the Mayfair to watch Darling Companion. The movie is from Lawrence Kasdan, who helped write Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes Back, and directed Big Chill and Silverado. On top of that it features an impressive cast which includes Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline, Richard Jenkins, Sam Shepard and Dianne Wiest.

The real reason that I wish I could be there today at 1pm is that the matinee is one of our bring-your-dog screenings. The event will be hosted by our across the street neighbours Wag, who will be bringing along treats for your accompanying pets. We've done screenings like this before with films like All Dogs go to Heaven and Up, and they've always turned out shockingly fine. Except for the occasional barking at big screen dog characters, the puppy's have all been very well behaved. I figure it's not all that much different for the dogs than watching a movie with their people at home.

Whether you have a dog on hand or not, head to the Mayfair this-afternoon at 1pm for what I'm sure will end up being a very fun Saturday afternoon.

No comments: