Friday, July 13, 2012


The bad news is that my co-worker friend and pseudo brother-in-law is fleeing the Blues Fest gig to continue along touring with his day job. His day job isn't some 9 to 5 sitting in a cubicle job, but involves being on the road with the band Hey Rosetta. In the next few days the ongoing tour will bring him to Quebec City and then out west. After that, who knows what wacky adventures and strange places the driving of the Hey Rosetta bus will take him?

The good news is that I was introduced to the band Hey Rosetta. I admit to not being on the cutting edge of musical knowledge, and hadn't ever heard music from the band. I was very impressed. In fact, I think it was the best show that I've seen over the entire fest. If you are unfamiliar as I was, do yourself a favour and check 'em out. If you see 'em live there's an added bonus that almost puts them to Alice Cooper like levels of gimmickry - three words: awesome confetti cannon.

No comments: