Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Like any story-telling art form, when at their best, comic books have the power to raise your spirits with a reveal and then to crush you with a plot-twist. The ninth issue of Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples amazing genre bending space-opera did both those things to me as I read it. It also made me laugh out loud and cheer (well, not a real out loud cheer...but an inner cheer at least).

Saga is everything that is great about comic books, and continues along the once inexplicable to consider fact that Image Comics seems to be the best publisher going today. I said it before and I will say it again, if you are not reading Saga, you should be. If you like reading comics and don't read Saga you are missing out. If you don't read comics and think you might want to try one out, this is an excellent introduction into my favourite storytelling medium. And it has a giant talking cat.

No comments: