Friday, April 26, 2013



Off to Montreal later on today to guard the merch table for my Rideau Valley Roller Girls family at the annual Beast of the East tournament. I will watch numerous bouts over the weekend, while I hope and pray that my friends on various teams meet up against each other in derby battle as few times as possible. Watching derby can be mentally harrowing enough and when you can't vilify one of the teams 'cause there's people who you like on both sides of the match-up, it's even worse. I'm sure that it will be an action packed weekend, and one in which I spend a major portion of the time holding my breath and being in a general stressed out state of being. I'm not a sports fan, but I am a roller derby fan, and this tournament is some of the best derby you can find.

No comments: