Monday, May 20, 2013



Not a single minute of Star Trek Into Darkness passed where I was not overwhelmingly entertained. For this and the previous Star Trek film from JJ and company, there seems to be a bit of negativity coming from some that they are not real Star Trek movies. If by not real the pessimistic Trekkies mean that they don't like movies that are filled with a well crafted scripts, excellent performances, and a ton of comedic moments, dramatic tension and thrilling adventure...then I am ok with this Star Trek incarnation that some strangely consider fake.

Shockingly and frustratingly, there still seems to be a lot of people who do not understand that JJ Trek is an alternate universe to previous the Star Trek set of teevee shows and movies. They do not negate or replace or erase what has come before, a Next Generation era that Leonard Nimoy's Spock traveled from in the previous film is still clicking along in the alternate side of the sci-fi universe to these cinematic tales. Believe me, I love Shatner's Captain Kirk, quite a few of the previous films, Deep Space Nine, and a whole bunch of things about Star Trek that has come before. Bu, I do not fear storytelling change, and I definitely won't disregard the achievements of these new movies just because they might seem like re-make's at first glance.

I dare say that there might not be a more worthwhile and fun to watch Hollywood movie released this year. I am very much looking forward to Star Wars Episode VII.

No comments: