Monday, April 21, 2014


Yesterday I watched The Lego Movie, and it blew my mind. The Lego Movie could have very easily been a blatant 1980's style 90 minute commercial to convince kids to big their parents for more toys. Instead, it is the most shockingly original, imaginative, intelligent and heart-felt movies that I've seen since I don't know when. It's one of those kinds of movies, that if financially viable,I would want to screen once a week for eternity at the Mayfair.

We have The Lego Movie at the Mayfair a couple more times today, then we're bringing it back next weekend for an encore. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and see it in a movie theatre filled with kids to truly experience its joy and wonder. Little kids thanked me for showing the movie as they left,after having given it a rousing round of applause. You can't get a reaction like that when watchin' a movie at home on the teevee.

No comments: